Sunday, October 18, 2015

Anthony Creek - Russell Field - AT - Bote Mtn - Anthony Creek

Date: 10/18/15
Distance: 13.7 miles

Today I polished off the Birthday weekend with one more trip up the mountain.  I started today by once again hiking the same trail that I hiked the previous day.  The Anthony Creek Trail was just as rocky as yesterday, and the climb up Russell was just as steep, and the day was just as beautiful.


 Today I took the short side trail over to visit "Russell Field".  It wasn't much to look at.


 I passed several backpackers that we'd seen yesterday, so I got a few interesting looks as they recognized that the guy who was on top of the mountain yesterday had hiked all of the way down and was now going back up.

At the AT, I turned left to hike toward Spence Field.  The hike over to Spence Field had a bit more elevation gain over its 2.9 miles (maybe 500').  At the Bote Mtn intersection, I opted to continue on down the AT over to "Spence Field" for lunch.  The views were amazing.





The Birthday Lunch wasn't bad either.







 After a bit of relaxation, it was time to turn back and to head for Bote Mtn.  Bote Mtn is steep and rocky, but I was feeling pretty good by this time, so the 1.7 miles passed quickly.  At Anthony Creek, I turned left and traveled anther 3.5 rocky miles down to the picnic area.  The descent was about 3000' over the 5.4 miles from Spence Field to the picnic area.
The total mileage for the weekend was 45.5 miles with some really big climbs each day, not bad for an old guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment