Friday, December 7, 2012

Rich Mountain Loop

Date:  Early Nov 2012
Length: 8.5

Went to Cades Cove to either ride or hike depending on traffic.  Car traffic was heavy in the Cove, so I opted to hike.  This was my 1st time to hike the trail.  I hiked in the clockwise direction.  I was surprised that the trail went by one of the Cabins in the Cove.  It seemed a little odd to come out of the woods and have a large crowd of tourists milling about.  After leaving the cabin, there was quite a hard Climb up the mountain.  At the top was an old road with many nice places to relax.

Since the leaves were off the trees and because the skies were very clear, there were many nice views down into the cove.  On top of the mountain, I could also see several towns off in the distance.  I think it was Townsend and Maryville.  I had Cell phone service on the ridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment