Saturday, November 29, 2014

Rabbit Creek - Hannah Mountain

Date:  11/28/14
Distance: 20.6
New Map Miles: 10.3
Total Map Miles: 650.3

It is Black Friday, so I headed out into the crowds to do a little hiking.  I started today at Abrams Creek Ranger Station.  I had seen online that the bridge over Abrams Creek was out and it was cold (25F).  I had worried about how to cross the creek the night before, so I took some old shoes and a towel for the walk across the creek.  Once I reached the creek, just a few tenths from the road, I was overjoyed to see a bridge!


Rabbit Creek was a very wide easy trail with a nice layer of pine needles and leaves for cushioning.

 About 2.5 miles into the hike, I reached the area that had been devastated by the tornado a few years ago.

 There were a few nice views along the trail.



After 2.7 miles, I turned right on Hannah Mountain Trail.  There was a trail down to a campsite that made me wonder if I was on the correct trail.
 Hannah was also a nice trail without many rocks.  There was a little snow along the trail.







 At Parsons Branch Road, I reached the end of Hannah and turned around to head back to the car.






 Irritatingly, I failed to get my lunch into my backpack.  I was about 9 miles from the car, so I had to ration my snacks on the way back.  The trail had a few climbs, but not bad.  A very pleasant trail on a very nice day.




No comments:

Post a Comment