Saturday, September 5, 2015

Hyatt Ridge - Enloe Creek

Date: 9/5/15
Distance: 10.8

This morning I drove over to the Hyatt Ridge trail in order to mark off Enloe Creek Trail.  It is a long drive.  I left the house about 6:45 and didn't start hiking until 9:30.

Hyatt Ridge is a big climb up the mountain rising 1400' in only 1.8 miles.  The trail looks like a road and is a little rocky in places.  After 1.8 miles, Enloe Creek leaves off to the left.


Enloe promptly gives up 800' over the 1st mile.  The trail drops down to the creek where a large bridge crosses the creek.




 The next 2.6 miles of Enloe climbs up to Hughes Ridge gaining 2200' on the way.  The creek parallels the trail nearly all the way up to to Hughes.


 I made it to Hughes about an hour and 50 minutes after starting.  I turned around and returned the way I came.
 I was back at Hyatt about 1:10 later and finished up with a total time of 3:40.
On the drive home, I opted to go through Maggie Valley instead of returning via 441 through Gatlinburg.   I was figuring that the traffic would be heavy since it was Labor Day weekend.  I somewhat regretted it as the traffic was slow in Cherokee and it seemed to take forever to get to the interstate and even longer to get on home.

I finished the hike about 1:10, but didn't get home until 4:00.


No comments:

Post a Comment