Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Old Mac - Tower Trail - Frozen Head

Date: 3/25/15
Distance: 8

Today was very nice, so right after work, I made a beeline for Frozen Head State Park.  I hit the trail about 3:45.  I started on the North Old Mac Trail.  This trail is 3.6 miles long and is a steady climb the entire time.  I was excited to see a few wildflowers were blooming along the trail


 

After 3.6 miles, N. Old Mac intersects the Tower Trail which was an unpaved road.  I turned right towards the observation tower.  It was another 0.75 miles to the tower with a steady climb.  By the time you reach the tower, you've climbed about 2000'.  The views were pretty spectacular on this day.











After a short time on the tower, I backtracked 0.5 miles to the S. Old Mac trail.  It is shorter (2.75) miles and as a result a bit steeper.  It was more rocky as well.  Total hiking time was 2:26.


No comments:

Post a Comment