Thursday, December 26, 2013

Little Greenbrier

Date: 12/23/13
Distance: 8.6

Today was cloudy as a front was moving out.  The weather indicated that the rain would be gone by 11:00, so I headed over to the Little Greenbrier trail about 11:00.  The trailhead is on the road which goes from Wears Valley into the park at Metcalf Bottoms.

About the time I entered the park, it started drizzling and it continued to drizzle until just before I returned to the car, so I wore a poncho for the entire hike.

I had previously hiked the first 1.9 miles on another hike back in August.  On this hike, I did the entire trail (4.3 mi).  It was a nice walk in the woods, but it was more of a climb than I was expecting (~1800ft).

I turned around at the Laurel Falls Trail.  If it hadn't been raining and if I had started earlier, I would have gone down to the falls, but the additional 1.8 miles weren't too tempting in the drizzle.

Total hike time was 3:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment