Friday, August 30, 2013

Finley Cane - Bote Mountain - Lead Cove

Date: 8/30/13
Distance: 9.5mi

After a long few days at work, I took a day off to do a little hiking.  It was a hot and humid day and the hike was tough.

I started the day on the Finley Cane trail.  It is a very nice hike in the woods with very little total elevation change.  There are a few easy creek crossings along the way.  The 2.8 miles on this trail passed quickly.  The trail ends at the Bote Mountain Trail.

I turned right on Bote Mountain.  This is not a nice and easy flat trail. It immediately starts up.  The total elevation gain from Finley Cane to Anthony Creek was about 1740' over 3.7 miles.  I hiked all the way to Anthony Creek because I'd never covered the portion of Bote Mountain between Anthony Creek and Lead Cove.  Earlier in the year, I did the top part of Bote Mountain on the hike to Rocky Top.

I was hot and tired before I reached the junction.  After lunch, I turned around and returned to Lead Cove for the hike out to the car.  Lead Cove was relatively steep as well with an elevation drop of 1400' over only 1.8 miles.  It did make for a quick trip back to the car.

Start Time: 9:40
Lunch 12:00 at Anthony Creek
Back to Car: 1:40

No comments:

Post a Comment